Love Given: 0
Naples Yellow HUE WTW is up with that Color
For Acrylic April
I use the same brushes, canvas size and colors every year.
The color that is hard for most people to find is Naples Yellow light sometimes Called Titanate Yellow or Even Nickel Titanate Yellow
That can be frustrating for the new artist. What you may not know is outside of the voluntary ATSM there are no standards in art materials.
So on a tube of paint there are bit of info. Color info , safety info and lightfast info. Reading the tube is important but when you are new its hard.
Nickel Titanium Yellow ( PY 53 ) is opaque and has a low tinting strength. Because it's not overpowering, it can be controlled easily.
Titanate serves as a substitute for lemon yellow which is the traditional cool yellow
Some companies make a hue that is Very close they call Naples yellow light- That is what I am using in my Sennelier paint- Naples Yellow light.
This is the green Bias Yellow
You can Substitute ANY of these Cool (green) Bias Yellows , Pick one -
- Hansa Yellow light
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Cadmium Yellow Pale Hue
- Lemon Yellow
- Bismuth Vanadate
- Yellow Azo Light
- Benzimidazolone Yellow Light
- Arcylique by Sennelier Called Naples Yellow Light
- Abstract acrylic paint by Sennelier Naples yellow light
- Amsterdam Acrylic paint made by Royal Talens
- Old Holland New Masters Classic Acrylic
- Matisse Structure Acrylic
- (also called Naples Yellow light in this line of paint)
- DALER ROWNEY : CRYLA ACRYLIC PAINT
- Golden Heavy Body Artist Acrylics- Titanate Yellow
- Pébéo Studio Fine Acrylic Naples Yellow Hue 100 ml
- Cranfield Acrylics- Primrose Yellow is like Py53
- AV Vallejo Acrylic -Titanium Yellow IS like py53
NEED more info about the YELLOW ?? http://www.artiscreation.com/yellow.html#.XpCznVPYrUI
HERE are some more yellow names that may be the color SEE why it gets to be so complicated for teachers to relay what color you are looking for.
PY53 is a strange special color
Nickel Antimony Titanium Yellow Rutile
Antimony Nickel Titanium Oxide Yellow;
C.I. Pigment Yellow 53;
Meteor® Bright Yellow 8320;
Nickel Antimony Titanate;
Nickel Antimony Titanium Yellow Rutile;
Nickel Rutile Yellow;
Nickel Titanium Oxide;
Nickel Yellow Titanium Rutile;
Pigment Yellow 53;
Praseodym Titanium Yellow;
Vasari Yellow [ MA.o(Ren) ];
Vesuvius Yellow [ MA.o(Med) ];