Love Given: 0
@ YouTube / Facebook
LifeBook 2023 Is Here
I am once again participating in LifeBook, and we are rolling out with the LifeBook 2022 Taster sessions.
Want a FREE MEGA Taster of how cool this course is ??
My friend Tamara Laporte from Willowing Arts has just opened registration for The Free Life Book Taster Sessions LINK TO SESSIONS HERE ! It was super popular last year with over 18000 people joining in!
Check out all the TEACHERS !!!! You will art your heart out!!
Here is a peek at my FREE TASTER Class.
What is it?
A COMPLETELY FREE 2-week long exploration into art and wellbeing! The Sessions are filled with inspiring classes, art sessions, give aways, meditations and wellbeing activities to help you get present and connected to the healing power of your creativity!
What Does It Involve?
30 teachers giving free classes over a two-week period , and I’m one of them! It’s going to be a big couple of weeks in our creative community! I can’t wait!!
Not only are these Free Sessions filled with inspiring classes by amazing artists, but there will also be opportunities to win a free place on the Life Book course and enjoy other freebies and give aways as well!
When you attend the Life Book Free Taster Sessions you are able to:
- Listen to the sessions at your leisure in your own time!
- Join our Facebook Group with like-minded people from all over the world! • Wear whatever comfy clothes you want and enjoy the Free Taster Sessions from the comfort of your own home! We like bed hair no worries! :)
- Play, make mistakes, be fabulous or sad, it's all welcome! You are accepted just as you are!
- Enjoy free art & wellbeing activities!
The Taster Sessions begin on September 26th 2022 and finish on October 9th 2022
Joyful Abstract Poppies
The purpose of this taster lesson is to introduce you to how fun acrylic painting can be. As you learn joyful abstract techniques, you will also gain fundamental skills you can apply to other areas of your creative life. These joyful abstract poppies will establish a foundation of painting for the experience, rather than for the outcome. All of this being said, I think you'll be surprised at how easy it is to create beautiful art and learn that creating abstract art doesn't need to be complicated or mysterious going forward because we're going to discuss what the artist's mindset is and our real creative intentions when we paint.
This tutorial is not an extremely difficult one and it is abstract art, which means that the image representation will be a slight, partial, or complete departure from reality.
I am resolved to do more to help teach art rather than demonstrate how to paint art. So I have included a step by step mini book to help with this. This document is a step by step written description of brushes, colors and mixes, techniques and explanations taken directly from the tutorial. It is provided to you as a resource to assist you in your art journey and is best viewed in outline format to allow for ease in navigation between sections. Link to mini book coming soon
The paints I used for this project are
Cadmium Red Medium
Cadmium Yellow Medium
The brushes I used for this project are:
- Extra Firm Simply Simmons Bright Brush
- Extra Firm Simply Simmons Filbert Brush
- The Art Sherpa Round Brush (If you can not locate a Extra Firm Simply Simmons is good too)
In order to paint the background, you'll need a large brush, a filbert medium brush, and a sharply pointed round brush. I will discuss the specific brushes I use and if you use craft or student paint, you don’t require a stiff brush. If you choose to paint with heavy body paint, such as the kind you see in tubes, you may find a firmer brush gives you better results.
Keep in mind that brush sizes are not standard across the art brush industry. The most important thing to look for is not the brand of brush I use, but the shape of the brush head; am I using a bright, or a filbert, or a hog. Brushes get bigger as the numbers get bigger, and it is not uncommon for beginners to fear using too big of a brush. Use what you have, what is most comfortable for you, explore your options, don’t fix what isn’t broken, and learn what works for you.
So gather your supplies and get ready to have a fun and exciting journey through art.
- Do you want to learn how to create more wellbeing in your life?
- Do you want to create, express, develop and grow?
- Do you want to play with paints, get messy with collage, enjoy mark making and drawing? • Do you want more hints and tips on how to use your creativity to become a happier person?
- Do you want to learn how to use creativity to become more grounded, present and kind to yourself?
- Do you want a chance to win a spot on Life Book 2023 the full course? Then come join us on the Life Book Taster Sessions!
It's completely FREE so join us now by reserving your seat HERE!
The Taster Sessions begin on 26th September and will run for 2 whole weeks!
Join Us Now Link to taster for
The 30+ Life Book FREE TASTER SESSIONS
Sign up early for Lifebook 2023 for a 30% discount
To sign up for the full 2023 Lifebook course for your 30% off, click this link LifeBook 2023 . Use "LoveArt30" as your discount code.